Web Performance Test FAQs
Performance Test Results
The web performance test analyzes the load times of a single asset, such as
https://cdn.keycdn.com/img/logo.svg, and returns a breakdown of the following attributes:
- Status: Returns the HTTP status codes, such as 2xx, 3xx, 4xx, 5xx, or error.
- Cache: KeyCDN caching status (HIT, MISS, ...).
- ETag: Entity Tag (ETag) of an asset.
- DNS: Returns domain name system (DNS) lookup time.
- Connect: Time it takes to connect to the web server. Under 200 ms will result in green indicator: 19 ms
- TLS: Overhead of TLS connection on individual asset.
- TTFB: Time it takes from when a client makes an HTTP request to it receiving its first byte of data from the web server. Under 400 ms will result in green indicator: 210 ms
How Can I Improve My Web Performance?
Below are a few factors to consider when trying to pinpoint website performance issues.
- Time to First Byte (TTFB)
- Critical Path
- Render Blocking Resources
- Number of HTTP Requests
- Identifying Where Assets Are Delivered From (Latency)
- Large Image Sizes
- 301 Redirects
Check out these additional tips for website performance optimization.